[asterisk-users] Asterisk - SIP - TCP and Exchange 2007 Unified Messaging

Jared Smith jsmith at digium.com
Thu Jun 11 12:46:13 CDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-06-10 at 23:00 +0100, Wayne wrote:
> I was wondering what the current development plans / patches etc are to
> allow Asterisk to talk to Exchange 2007 Unified Messaging with respect
> to adding SIP over TCP support?

There is experimental support for SIP over TCP in Asterisk 1.6.0 and
later.  It's probably not perfect yet, but we'd be happy to hear how it
works for you, and that will help the Asterisk developers make it
better.

As far as other things related to the vague notion of "unified
communications", there's the code that Terry Wilson just added on being
able to read Exchange calendars (iCal/CalDAV are supported as well) from
the Asterisk dialplan, there's plenty of Jabber work being done on the
IM side, and Asterisk can already store voicemail in an IMAP mail
server.  (I've long since let go of my Windows skills, but I'm assuming
that modern versions of Exchange still let you communicate via IMAP,
right?)

In short, there are a lot of exciting things happening in the world of
Asterisk with regards to unified communications.

--
Jared Smith
Training Manager