[asterisk-users] Call recording in - out

Miguel Molina mmolina at millenium.com.co
Wed Jun 10 11:19:13 CDT 2009

David Backeberg escribió:
> On Sun, Jun 7, 2009 at 12:51 PM, Joao Gomes
> Pereira<gomespereira at startel.pt> wrote:
>
>> Hello to all
>> I'm trying to record the calls going to my queues, but asterisk creates
>> 2 files, one with the inbound and another with the outbound sound.
>> I know Sox should mix the 2 files automatically in the end, but this
>> isn't happening.
>> I have sox installed in my server.
>>
>> How can I force Sox to mix the files?
>>

> On the Hangup context, you can invoke sox directly from the dialplan,
> feeding it the names of the files to mix and the name of the output
> file.
>
> Or you can use MixMonitor(), which mixes the recording on the fly into
> a single common file, but I don't know whether that works in 1.2. I'm
> using 1.6
> Th

The old Monitor() application has the 'm' option that launches Sox
automatically to mix both call leg recordings when the call hangs up.
This has the great disadvantage of generating "CPU spikes" if the
recordings are too long/simultaneous. I saw machines with a lot of
pending sox processes (adjusted with a very low nice value) so the
recording mixing didn't affect normal asterisk operation, or sometimes
we used to do mixing on a separate server during off-hours. That was
years away, before the MixMonitor() application bugs was fixed on 1.2
and it's quite stable since then.

Cheers,

--
Ing. Miguel Molina