[asterisk-users] OT: Grandstream, call pickup, ...

Doug Doug at NaTel.net
Tue Jun 9 15:05:05 CDT 2009

At 06:20 6/9/2009, Philipp Kempgen wrote:
 >Thomas Kenyon schrieb:
 >> Peder wrote:
 >>> Decent product, but their support and development are horrible.  I showed
 >>> them that their SIP over TCP implementation was broken and their reply was
 >>> "use udp"....
 >>>
 >> Such a shame it sounds like it has gone down hill, previously when I've
 >> spoken to them the standard response was that they'll pass my comments
 >> on to the development team.
 >
 >The development team a.k.a. /dev/null? ;-)

Grandstream is worse than worthless.  Had to send
back a half dozen 24 port boxes, GXW-4024s.  Not
even useful as door stops.  Severely damaged
our reputation with the end-user customer.

Customer support, non-existent.  If you can
understand the upper level techs' Ching-lish,
they want you to jump through all sorts of
hoops before they will do anything for you.

Horrible, horrible company.

Linksys looks good in comparison.