[asterisk-users] OT: Grandstream, call pickup, ...

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Tue Jun 9 14:47:04 CDT 2009

On Tue, 9 Jun 2009, Jeff LaCoursiere wrote:

> I now have a handful of the new 3140 video phones, and I have to admit I am
> pretty impressed.  I have a handful of the 3000 phones, and was somewhat
> impressed.  We are planning to offer a service around the 3140 soon, and I am
> trudging through the provisioning...

I've delpoyed half a dozen 3000's. Just for family use though. Struggling
to see a business use for them - yet!

Look for a utility called gsutil - it's a bit of perl that pokes stuff
into the phone. You setup one phone, then run gsutil in read mode to suck
all the settis out of the phone, then you can hand-edit, or script the
settings file and squirt it into another phone, etc.

The 3140's do look nice though...

Gordon