[asterisk-users] OT: Grandstream, call pickup, ...

Philipp Kempgen philipp.kempgen at amooma.de
Mon Jun 8 11:29:28 CDT 2009

Maybe it's just me, but I get the impression that Grandstream is
quite uncooperative.

We (and others) have asked them multiple times to make the call-
pickup code ("**") configurable but either they don't understand
the request or they're unwilling to do anything about it.

http://forums.grandstream.com/node/2848
http://forums.grandstream.com/node/709

Unfortunately their bug tracker is not public.
http://esupport.grandstream.com/support/customerportal/Nologin/index.php?module=Tickets&action=index&ticketid=20090513081505&fun=detail

In addition they seem to violate sox's license by distributing a
modified version of it in binary form only and are not responsive
about requests for the source code.

That leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

    Philipp Kempgen
--
AMOOMA GmbH - Bachstr. 126 - 56566 Neuwied  ->  http://www.amooma.de
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Wintermeyer, Handelsregister: Neuwied B14998