[asterisk-users] PHP/AGI/SetVar Issue

Philipp Kempgen philipp.kempgen at amooma.de
Fri Jun 5 07:15:01 CDT 2009

Steve Edwards schrieb:
> On Thu, 4 Jun 2009, Peder wrote:
>
>> Is there a limitation to the number of variables you can set from a PHP
>> agi script?
>
> Not that I've found yet :)
>
> One of my AGIs sets almost 600 channel variables.

Wow that's a lot. Why would you do that?

>> echo ' EXEC SetVar ISLOCALCONTEXT="'.$row['context'].'"';
>> echo ' EXEC SetVar ISLOCALDID="'.$row['did'].'"';
>
> You are violating the AGI protocol. First, you have to read the AGI
> environment. Then, for every request, you must read the response.

I don't think that it really matters. At least in PHP I haven't
seen any problems even if you don't read anything (provided you
don't care about the AGI environment and responses).
Maybe PHP slurps the input into a buffer which will be garbage
collected if you don't use it.

    Philipp Kempgen
--
AMOOMA GmbH - Bachstr. 126 - 56566 Neuwied  ->  http://www.amooma.de
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Wintermeyer, Handelsregister: Neuwied B14998