[asterisk-users] Asterisk AGI issues (at high load)

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Thu Jun 4 14:23:03 CDT 2009

On Thu, 4 Jun 2009, Deepak wrote:

> BTW,we are using an ODBC connection to Microsoft SQL Server. We are not
> using MySQL.
>
> Would that be a possible cause?

Probably not the cause, unless there is a bug in ODBC.

But, it does multiply your support costs.

Not because of the obvious "you have to pay MS license fees," or "it uses
more resources," or even "I can't ssh into it to fix it for you" but
because you have stepped outside of the "norm" of what people on this list
use so we will not be able to help much.

If I was to guess, I'd say 99% use MySQL, 1% use PostgreSQL and something
very close to 0% us MSSQL.

Thanks in advance,