[asterisk-users] Meetme timeout

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Thu Jun 4 09:57:05 CDT 2009

Un-top-posting...

On Thu, 4 Jun 2009, Danny Nicholas wrote:

> There was a nice post earlier this week about timing out a meetme
> conference.  You could combine that information with an AGI to monitor
> the meetme room and kick out after the timeout if the user count did not
> change.

I did this in 1.2 by hacking on app_meetme.c.

The "feature" was:

If an agent was disconnected, start a timer so that if the agent (or
supervisor) didn't [re-]join within 15 seconds, then kick the caller to
the next step in the dialplan.

I added the code to conf_run() (an ugly 1,000 line function) to detect
when the caller was "lonely."

Looking at the code now (several years later) I realize I added my
"lonely_timeout" to conf_run() instead of to the ast_conf_user structure
so the timer was shared amongst all callers -- oops.

Thanks in advance,