[asterisk-users] PSTN Interface Card

Manoj Panicker - FOES manoj.panicker at emirates.com
Tue Jun 2 14:15:15 CDT 2009

Dear expert Users
	Very new to asterisks, seeking an expert advice on the subject
matter.
Understand that Digium PCI cards could be used to connect Asterisk to
POTS/PSTN Lines. However is there any portable cards available that need
not be fitted into the PCI slots that could server the same purpose?

I have a Fritz!Box 7270 with me, but I am not sure how to use it for the
purpose. I have configured the box as a sip client and I can talk to the
analog devices attached to the fritz!box from any of my Asterisk
clients. However I am not able to use it as a modem to dial any number
from my SIP phones to the outside PSTN world. Any experience on this
also will be appreciated.

Please help.

Thanks
Manoj