[asterisk-users] First ever Open Source Asterisk / Wave bounty

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Tue Jun 2 02:05:04 CDT 2009

Hi,

On Mon, Jun 01, 2009 at 08:08:41PM -0400, Dean Collins wrote:
>  I've just received an email from a colleague who told me to put my
> money where my mouth is ....
>
> So here it is - I'm offering $500 and looking for other people to add to
> this bounty.

While not my money, and not osmething I consider important enough to put
my money or time on,

> We can get a group of people putting matching funds up to finalize the
> scope of the first Open Source Asterisk / Wave conference call
> integration robot bounty but if you have any other suggestions feel free
> to add to the list below or to pass around / retweet this link
> http://bit.ly/t9c5C
>

> Functionality of the Open Source Asterisk / Wave conference call robot
> bounty
>
> Asterisk Conference server spawn waves event to all participants with
> the details of the call length,
>
> With details of who was on the call,
>
> What time they dialed in/out, their numbers,
>
> any notes that were taken by all parties during the call
>
> urls for the call voice recording access at a later date

This requires quite a few things. For starters, it requires that you
know the address of a participant in a conference. There are many useful
applications of such a protocol even before that.

Asterisk has currently very poor support of text messages. Asterisk
cannot route text messages. Asterisk can send Jabber messages,
SIP/SIMPLE messages, chan_mobile SMS messages, PSTN SMS messages and
probably some other channel-specific SMS messages, but all with
different syntaxes.

So two interesting subgoals (with no specific order) would be:

1. A similar integration to that of res_jabber of today - the ability to
send messages and handle them. I have no idea how that Wave of the
Future handles authentication and authorization (authorizaiton: think
spam).

2. A more common way to handle text messages. Would it be nice to be
able to route text messages in the dialplan or is it outside the scope
of Asterisk?

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com