[asterisk-users] Cell phones and (no) rings

John A. Sullivan III jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com
Mon Jul 27 13:19:18 CDT 2009

Hello, all.  Our first major asterisk system is just about ready for
production.  However, we noticed that our outbound SIP callers did not
receive rings when dialing cell phones.  Land lines were fine.

We "fixed" this by setting progressinband=no in sip.conf.  However, I
gather this places extra load on the asterisk server and I'm not sure
that it always conveys accurate status (e.g., busy, non-North-American
destination).  Is there a better way to ensure our dialers hear a ring
when dialing cell numbers? Thanks - John
--
John A. Sullivan III
Open Source Development Corporation
jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com