[asterisk-users] Asterisk on OpenWRT

Michael Graves mgraves at mstvp.com
Sat Jul 25 09:20:30 CDT 2009

On Fri, 24 Jul 2009 21:27:12 -0400, David Cook wrote:

>I have installed them on a Linksys WRT54GL or WRT54GS v4/v3/v2/v1.1 devices.
>
>My mother-in-law's runs fine and she doesn't notice the difference. I know
>that is very subjective but to be honest I never looked at it for more than
>home-use/1 line applications. Can't say I've had a problem that caused me to
>look at its load level & transcoding. I can tell you she has been on the
>phone and received VM at the same time so there are two concurrent sessions.
>
>It means she keeps her number even though she moved to a retirement home
>that is out-of-area-code so she's more than happy. Plus calling between us
>is traditional 10-digit dialing although it is a SIP trunk - not that she
>(or my family) notice any difference.

Yeah, I really like the embedded systems approach to Asterisk, but
there's a limit. Some hardware is just too constrained IMHO.

OTOH, have you been following what David Rowe and Village Telco has
been doing with the Mesh Potato? That's extremely cool stuff.

Michael
--
Michael Graves
mgraves<at>mstvp.com