[asterisk-users] Asterisk on OpenWRT

David Cook dbc_asterisk at advan.ca
Fri Jul 24 20:27:12 CDT 2009

I have installed them on a Linksys WRT54GL or WRT54GS v4/v3/v2/v1.1 devices.

My mother-in-law's runs fine and she doesn't notice the difference. I know
that is very subjective but to be honest I never looked at it for more than
home-use/1 line applications. Can't say I've had a problem that caused me to
look at its load level & transcoding. I can tell you she has been on the
phone and received VM at the same time so there are two concurrent sessions.

It means she keeps her number even though she moved to a retirement home
that is out-of-area-code so she's more than happy. Plus calling between us
is traditional 10-digit dialing although it is a SIP trunk - not that she
(or my family) notice any difference.

-dbc.