[asterisk-users] nortel cs 1000 swtich

Dale Noll dnoll at wi.rr.com
Thu Jul 23 19:21:45 CDT 2009

Jerry Geis wrote:
> Anyone successully connected to nortel cs 1000 switch?
> Care to share you switch settings?
>
> I have asterisk 1.4.25, libpri 1.4.7, dahdi
>
> We tried national and the verizon guy said that wasnt working...
> We tried 5ess and we can get external calls - but internal calls we have
> no audio.
> I see frame drops in the log file.
>
> I am setup for digium clocking - they are setup to receive clocking.
> We are using a single T1 card.

I have my Nortel Option 61C running CS1000 4.50 tied to Asterisk
1.4.21.2 libpri version 1.4.8 working pretty well.

I had originally configured using 5ess and it worked except for CLID
passing only one way which may or may not have been solved by the switch
to QSIG because what I needed after QSIG was facilityenable = yes, but I
digress.

Below are all the config info for my system.
On the Nortel side, my Tie line is on loop 3 and the route is also 3 as
I like to keep it simple ;-)

The D-Channel is on Channel 24. The D-Channel number is 7 and controlled
by the MSDL card #8 port 2. The Interface(IFC) on DCH 7 is ISGF for
QSIG.  It also has to be set on the route (also IFC  ISGF)

I hope this helps.

Dale

************
zaptel.conf:
*************
# Span 1: WCT1/0 "Wildcard TE122 Card 0" (MASTER)
span=1,1,0,esf,b8zs
# termtype: te
bchan=1-23
dchan=24

# Global data

loadzone        = us
defaultzone     = us

**************
Zapata.conf
**************
[trunkgroups]

[channels]

language=en
context=from-internal
signalling=fxs_ks
rxwink=300              ; Atlas seems to use long (250ms) winks
usecallerid=yes
hidecallerid=no
callwaiting=yes
usecallingpres=yes
callwaitingcallerid=yes
threewaycalling=yes
transfer=yes
cancallforward=yes
callreturn=yes
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=no
echotraining=800
rxgain=0.0
txgain=0.0
group=0
callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1
immediate=no

; Span 1: WCT1/0 "Wildcard TE122 Card 0" (MASTER)
group=0,11
context=from-internal
switchtype=qsig
signalling=pri_cpe
facilityenable = yes
channel => 1-23

On the nortel side of the house....
**************
ADAN for D-Channel 7 (D-Channel for PRI Tie to Asterisk)
*******************
ADAN     DCH 7
   CTYP MSDL
   DNUM 8
   PORT 2
   DES  ASTERISK
   USR  PRI
   DCHL 3
   OTBF 32
   PARM RS422  DTE
   DRAT 64KC
   CLOK EXT
   IFC  ISGF
     PINX_CUST 0
     ISDN_MCNT 300
   CLID OPT0
   CO_TYPE  STD
   SIDE NET
   CNEG 1
   RLS  ID  1
   RCAP COLP NDI CCBI CCNI PRI DV3I CTI  QMWI
   PR_TRIGS DIV 2 3
            CNG 2 3
   PR_RTN NO
   MBGA NO
   OVLR NO
   OVLS NO
   T310 120
   T200 3
   T203 10
   N200 3
   N201 260
   K    7

***************
CEQU for Loop 3 (T-1 to Asterisk)
***************
   DLOP  NUM DCH FRM TMDI LCMT YALM TRSH
         003 24  ESF NO   B8S  FDL  00

***************
Route Data Block for Route 3 (Tie to Asterisk)
***************
TYPE RDB
CUST 00
ROUT 3
DES  TIE ASTERISK
TKTP TIE
NPID_TBL_NUM   0
ESN  NO
CNVT NO
SAT  NO
RCLS INT
VTRK NO
NODE
DTRK YES
BRIP NO
DGTP PRI
ISDN YES
     MODE PRA
     IFC  ISGF
     SBN  NO
     PNI  00000
     NCNA YES
     NCRD YES
     CHTY BCH
     CTYP UKWN
     INAC NO
     ISAR NO
     CPFXS YES
     DAPC NO
     INTC NO
DSEL VOD
PTYP PRI
AUTO NO
DNIS NO
DCDR NO
ICOG IAO
SRCH LIN
TRMB YES
STEP
ACOD 8903
TCPP NO
TARG 01
CLEN 1
BILN NO
OABS
INST
IDC  NO
DCNO 0 *
NDNO 0
DEXT NO
ANTK
SIGO STD
ICIS YES
TIMR ICF  512
      OGF  512
      EOD  13952
      NRD  10112
      DDL  70
      ODT  4096
      RGV  640
      GRD  896
      SFB  3
      NBS  2048
      NBL  4096
      IENB  5
      TFD  0
      VSS  0
      VGD  6
DRNG NO
CDR  NO
VRAT NO
MUS  NO
RACD NO
FRL  0 0
FRL  1 0
FRL  2 0
FRL  3 0
FRL  4 0
FRL  5 0
FRL  6 0
FRL  7 0
OHQ  NO
OHQT 00
CBQ  NO
AUTH NO
TDET NO
TTBL 0
ATAN NO
PLEV 2
ALRM NO
ART  0
SGRP 0
ARDN NO
AACR NO

**************
The TNB for a single trunk member(channel) in Route 3
**************
DES  ASTERISK
TN   003 01
TYPE TIE