[asterisk-users] x-lite settings to reach asterisk [SOLVED]

Tom Poe tompoe at fngi.net
Thu Jul 23 12:29:30 CDT 2009

Joao Gomes Pereira wrote:
> Does your asterisk has a private or public IP?
> Is your X-Lite in your LAN or outside? If X-Lite is outside the Lan, you
> need to forward all traffic coming to your Lan in port 5060, to
> asterisks private IP.
>
> Activate SIP debug in asterisk CLI to check if the traffic is getting to
> asterisk.
>
> Joao Pereira

Joao:  Thanks for responding.  Last night, I gave up trying to get the
settings right.  Then, today, right after posting, I brought up x-lite
to give it another go, and the dumb thing logged in successfully and all
tests for in-house connections are working.  Not sure what happened, but
this step is now completed.  I'll now start in to see if I can set
things up to call out.

I have the pre-configured PBX in a Flash computer.  I'm following the
book by Blanchas.  Wish me luck.
Tom