[asterisk-users] german voiceprompts

Kai-Uwe Jensen kujensen at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 14:39:41 CDT 2009

Here's what Philipp Kempgen wrote on this topic back in January. Nice
summary, I believe.

Klaus Darilion schrieb:

http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk+sound+files+international#
German
> lists a plenty of sound files for German.
>
> Can someone recommend one for Asterisk 1.4 (any maybe 1.6 soon).

(Note: I might be a bit biased here as I work for Amooma but let
me tell you something about it anyway.)

http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk+sound+files+international#
German :

=== Greenable ===

Didn't try them yet.

=== Westany ===

Commercial (all others are free).
"marilda female german" doesn't sound very German to me.  ;-)
Their web site is in English. I suspect they are selling to people
who don't speak German themselves and who could never tell if the
files sound ok. Didn't give them a try though.

=== Amooma ===

* http://www.amooma.de/asterisk/sprachbausteine/#prompts-tts
These files are generated by our web-based text-to-speech engine.
Pros: If you need additional custom prompts, just go to
http://www.amooma.de/tts/ and generate them and the voice will
match.
Cons: Some of them don't sound right - yet. (But you can go to
the web interface any time and regenerate them with better
pronunciation in SAMPA alphabet.)
I know that some work is going on here to improve them.

* http://www.amooma.de/asterisk/sprachbausteine/#prompts-gabi
Professional recordings. About 5 prompts are missing.

* 3rd option: Gabi plus :-)
Download the ones we use for Gemeinschaft
(
http://www.amooma.de/gemeinschaft/gemeinschaft-installation-trunk.html#installation-trunk-single-debian-gemeinschaft)
$ cd /usr/src
$ svn checkout https://svn.amooma.com/asterisk-sounds-de/trunkasterisk-sounds-de-trunk
$ cd /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/
$ ln -s /usr/src/asterisk-sounds-de-trunk de
The recordings are the same as "Gabi" but none are missing and
they are in WAV format.
=> This is what I use personally.

=== Aegee ===

Out of date. (2004, Asterisk 1.0)

=== Schwärzl ===

These happen to be the well known soundfiles released by Stadt-
verwaltung Pforzheim.
Unfortunately they are for Asterisk 1.2 and the upstream is gone.
(Stadt Pforzheim doesn't have them on their web site any more.)

=== AsteriskFreaks ===

Don't know. A bit out of date (Jan 2006).

=== Debian: asterisk-prompt-de ===

That's the same thing as the Stadt Pforzheim prompts. Out of date,
upstream is gone.

  Philipp Kempgen