[asterisk-users] german voiceprompts

David Backeberg dbackeberg at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 13:22:00 CDT 2009

On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 8:20 AM, Johann
Steinwendtner<steinwendtner at gmx.net> wrote:
> Hello !
>
> Are there any plans at Digium to include also german voice prompts ?

I cannot speak on behalf of Digium, but I suspect that if somebody:
* made cogent and sensible German translations of the English prompts
* found a German voice talent to record those prompts
* released them under an open-source license

That the community would be grateful.
I have no idea what it would cost to do a project like that for
name_your_non-English_language

I find it surprising that somebody hasn't already made at least a
subset of German language prompts. The problem would probably be
proper licensing of somebody else's effort.