[asterisk-users] astmanproxy?

Steve Totaro stotaro at asteriskhelpdesk.com
Wed Jul 22 11:55:45 CDT 2009

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 10:15 AM, James Green <james.green at mjog.com> wrote:

>  Hi,
>
> We currently fire multiple HTTP requests (via multi-curl) to the AJAM
> interface in order to place calls. We are finding Asterisk has it's limits
> however, and I've found astmanproxy recommended for helping maintain the
> connections. This would prove particularly useful with multiple servers of
> course.
>
> However, in testing astmanproxy crashes with buffer overflows.
>
> This leads to the inevitable question: Is astmanproxy still recommended for
> use or are we missing some knowledge here?
>
> Platform is 64 bit Intel, Ubuntu 9.04, Asterisk 1.6 with latest trunk of
> astmanproxy from github.
>
> Thanks,
>
> James

When faced with this same problem, creating and FTPing .call files to the
outgoing spool directory freed up the AMI for other functions.

Plain, simple, and "Just Worked"  I looked at, but never tried AstManProxy
because I prefer to eliminate levels of complexity and points of failure
rather than add, whenever possible.

Not saying that this is your best solution, just what I found to be much
more reliable than pounding the AMI.

--
Thanks,
Steve Totaro