[asterisk-users] how to use patgen and pattest for PRI card?

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Tue Jul 21 12:10:44 CDT 2009

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 12:01:18PM +0800, Chris YM wrote:
> hello:
> I  wan to use the test tools-patgen and pattest for pri cards.  according to
> Tzafrir Cohen from
> http://docs.tzafrir.org.il/man/pattest.8.html, i still does not know how to
> use that.
> do i need to connect two pri cards with two servers, or use a cable to
> connect two cards in one server?
> please give me a more details in term of cables and configurations.

the pat* and hdlc* test tools open dahdi channels on their own. Thus the
dahdi channels that they use must not be used by Asterisk at the time.
The spans need to be created (drivers loaded) and configured (ztcfg /
dahdi_cfg run).

Run patgen on one side with one specific b-channel and pattest on the
corresponding b-channe on the other side.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com