[asterisk-users] Graphical Call Manager Allowing Transfer of Any Call?

Tim Nelson tnelson at rockbochs.com
Tue Jul 21 07:46:46 CDT 2009

I'm looking for a graphical call manager for Asterisk. Ideally this would run locally on a desktop system or be web based. I'm familiar with iSymphony, FoP, HUDlite, AstAssistant, ADM, etc but I'm finding a common problem. They all let you transfer calls that connected to an 'extension' but not 'any' call on the system. For example, when a party calls into an * system, even if they aren't speaking to someone at an extension, I'd like to transfer them somewhere. The caller could be listening to the IVR, they could be sitting in an empty meetme conference with no other participants, or they could be dialing a ring group. Essentially, I need a system that allows transfer of any call from any 'location'.

Are there any known software packages that do this? As mentioned, desktop based (Windows/Mac) would be preferable but a web based interface would be fine also. I appreciate any suggestions you can offer. Thank you!

--Tim