[asterisk-users] Count Available Queue members

Gabriel Ortiz Lour ortiz.admin at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 07:40:40 CDT 2009

Hi all,

  Thanks for all the advices given here, but I for what i've found is:

- cant be done with GROUP+GROUP_COUNT+QUEUE_MEMBER_COUNT because it wouldn't
know about the paused members.
- cant be done with the quick queue timeout: it works, but I dont want the
call to get counted for another queued call (maybe I could ignore this calls
later on a report, but i dont like this idea to leave to the report to do
it)

- the AGI calling either AMI or a shell script is the easiest solution, but
I wonder about the proc/resource consuming. (I've had problems using too
much of "asterisk -rx ..." on scripts, leaving 'zombie' asterisk -rx
processes lying around... And the AMI QueueStatus really gives lots of info)

Since the Asterisk I'm using already have a lot of patches for tiny features
that I needed I started to code a variant of the QUEUE_MEMBER_COUNT called
QUEUE_MEMBER_COUNT_AVAILABLE, so as soon as its finished I could post it
here

Thanks a LOT for the storm of ideas,
Gabriel Ortiz