[asterisk-users] Digium TDM400P in Soekris net5501-70?

Brian McEntire brian.mcentire at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 16:58:51 CDT 2009

Thanks for the reply Alex. I'm not too scared of the soldering iron (I
own one, but my work with it isn't pretty  ;-)

But can you confirm, are you just using the small power header on the
board to supply power to the pci card? I was wondering if I was going
to have to snake an another wall wort into the box to power the card,
would be good if I don't have to do that!

Not 100% sure I could run a VM on it, but the new net5501 board comes
with 512MB ram and I think a 500-ish MHz processor, way more than what
I'm currently using to run m0n0wall, so even if the VM takes a bite
out of it, it should be fine, hardest part might be configuring the VM
to boot monowall from CF. Can you partition a CF card? (ie, one
partition for the monowall "firmware" and the other for the stripped
down linux install to run Asterisk?)