[asterisk-users] Digium TDM400P in Soekris net5501-70?

Alex Samad alex at samad.com.au
Mon Jul 20 15:44:22 CDT 2009

On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 01:09:30PM -0400, Brian McEntire wrote:
> Hello -
> I've been running Asterisk (quite happily!) for several years now
> using a Digium TDM400P card in an old Linux box (P4 1.6 w/ 256MB RAM).
> I'm also running another old PC running m0n0wall as a firewall.
> Between these two boxes, that run 24x7, I'm drawing a lot more power
> than needed and hoping to make a dent in my monthly electric bill by
> consolidating the two into a single box with efficient power supply,
> low power processor, and no spinning HD platters.
>
> Main question is whether anyone knows if the Digium TDM400P should be
> compatible with the 3.3V PCI slot in the Soekris Net5501-70 box?

Hi

I have a the same setup you mention here, except I have a tdm410 card. I
have a cf boot and a SSD card as well.  Running Debian for firewall and
asterisk server.  Works well I have 3 vpn tunnels and a 6to4 tunnel
ending on this machine, 2 fxs + 1 fxo. from my collectd graphs it looks
like it really only spike when I am taking readins :)

One catch the case that comes from soekris is too tight to put the molex
on, I had to solder it to the connectors underneath. all fine though

I am not sure about running a vm on this box though - I have some thing
similiar at another site, but a bigger box.

Alex

--
Expense Accounts, n.:
	Corporate food stamps.