[asterisk-users] Asterisk to PBX

logan logan04x at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 02:11:47 CDT 2009

Thanks Paul. Your help is much appreciated here.

> I don't really understand this question - Asterisk can make calls over
> phone lines. And it does it well.

Surely, Asterisk does that well, but Asterisk needs to have multiple phone
lines for that. I thought that a traditional switchboard made that happen
without multiple phone lines.

BTW, in Asterisk terminology a phone line means different PSTN connections
to the operator, right?

> Why would you guess this? We had 16 phone lines in the first business I
> worked in.

Yeah, that's fine, but even 16 phone lines don't mean you can have 16 desk
phones only or 16 simultaneous calls?

Thanks I will take a look at asteriskdocs.

Best Regards,
Hitesh