[asterisk-users] Count Available Queue members

Steve Totaro stotaro at asteriskhelpdesk.com
Sat Jul 18 10:17:05 CDT 2009

On Sat, Jul 18, 2009 at 11:11 AM, Gabriel Ortiz Lour
<ortiz.admin at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>   Someone know how can I check for available members on a queue Before I
> queue the call, so I can do something else with it? Note that is not the
> case for joinempty
>
> Thanks,
> Gabriel Ortiz

Maybe too simple or not what you are looking for, but you can timeout people
in the queue quickly and then redirect them via the dialplan.

Similar to the cascading queues below, but do what you want.

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+call+queues
Cascading Queues You can set up a series of queues that cascade to each
other. You can get a similar effect by using the penalty feature but this
can be a better way to do things for some situations (e.g. if you want to
overflow calls to your receptionist into your office for when your
receptionist is busy).

The first thing you must do is have a timeout on our queue. This is done as
a parameter of the Queue command used in extensions.conf (example:
Queue(dave|t|||45)).

You can then set up a number of queues and simply have your dialplan call
each queue in succession.

example:
 exten => 1589,1,Answer
 exten => 1589,2,Ringing