[asterisk-users] Asterisk Error

Steve Totaro stotaro at asteriskhelpdesk.com
Fri Jul 17 11:29:51 CDT 2009

It may be** noload => pbx_dundi.so or some such.  Sorry for being so vague
in my original answer but googling "noload dundi" would have given you the
same answer I just did.

You could probably safely just delete pbx_dundi.so instead/as well or
recompile Asterisk, do a make menuselect and remove dundi then make && make
install.

That should at least solve your dundi issue.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 9:01 AM, michel freiha <michofr at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Sir
>
> I did what you asked me to do...i added the following to
> /etc/opt/asterisk/modules.conf
>
> noload => dundi
>
> -bash-3.00# ifconfig -a
> lo0: flags=2001000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4,VIRTUAL> mtu 8232
> index 1
>         inet 127.0.0.1 netmask ff000000
> eri0: flags=1000843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 1500 index 2
>         inet 192.168.0.178 netmask ffffff00 broadcast 192.168.0.255
>         ether 0:3:ba:f2:d2:ea
>

> Yes I have a NIC, Up and running and I can SSH the server from that NIC
>
> Regards
>
> On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 3:21 PM, Steve Totaro <
> stotaro at asteriskhelpdesk.com> wrote:
>

>> On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 2:08 AM, michel freiha <michofr at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Can you please let me know what the below issue mean when trying to start
>>> asterisk and how I can fix it?
>>>
>>> pbx_dundi.c: No ethernet interface found for seeding global EID  You will
>>> have to set it manually.
>>>
>>> regards
>>>

>> Add:
>> noload = dundi
>> To your modules.conf.  That should fix it.
>>
>> Do you want to use dundi?  What does ifconfig say?
>>
>> I assume you have a NIC?  Is it up and all that when you start Asterisk?
>> Have you tried downing it, setting all the variables (maybe even the MAC to
>> be thorough) and then bringing it back up before starting Asterisk?
>>
>> Otherwise what kind of NIC?  Do you have an old 3Com laying around you can
>> pop in it?
>>
>> Open a bug report?
>>
>> --
>> Thanks,