[asterisk-users] Asterisk Error

Steve Totaro stotaro at asteriskhelpdesk.com
Fri Jul 17 07:21:59 CDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 2:08 AM, michel freiha <michofr at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Can you please let me know what the below issue mean when trying to start
> asterisk and how I can fix it?
>
> pbx_dundi.c: No ethernet interface found for seeding global EID  You will
> have to set it manually.
>
> regards

Add:
noload = dundi
To your modules.conf.  That should fix it.

Do you want to use dundi?  What does ifconfig say?

I assume you have a NIC?  Is it up and all that when you start Asterisk?
Have you tried downing it, setting all the variables (maybe even the MAC to
be thorough) and then bringing it back up before starting Asterisk?

Otherwise what kind of NIC?  Do you have an old 3Com laying around you can
pop in it?

Open a bug report?

--
Thanks,