[asterisk-users] 2 Problems with 1.6.2

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Thu Jul 16 21:53:09 CDT 2009

On Thursday 16 July 2009 20:19:07 Ira wrote:
> I've been using 1.6.2 for a few weeks and I've managed to get almost
> everything working perfectly.
>
> I can't get the MWI indicators on my Aastra phones to work properly,
> the did in all the versions of 1.2 I used up to the most recent one,
> but now they work correctly right after the phone is re-started and
> rarely thereafter. it's as if something changed in the way the MWI is
> handled and I can't figure out what the difference is or what I've done
> wrong.
>
> When I restart the machines I can't make an outgoing DAHDI call until
> I get an incoming call on that same line.

It would probably be best for you to read UPGRADE-1.4.txt, UPGRADE-1.6.txt,
and UPGRADE.txt, as the issue with MWI is explained in there and what you can
do to "fix" it.  The second file contains the explanation, although you would
be well advised to read all three.

--
Tilghman & Teryl
with Peter, Cottontail, Midnight, Thumper, & Johnny (bunnies)