[asterisk-users] How to ask questions the smart way

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Wed Jul 15 08:15:58 CDT 2009

As a matter of personal opinion, I think 90% of the useful takeaways
for this specific mailing list don't have so much to do with politics
and attitude as with asking specific questions of a manageable scope
and formulated in an addressable way.

Many questions lack conceptual integrity and good sense. This has
nothing to do with whether it is a newbie question, but with whether
the poster understands the problem and whether they are able and
willing to communicate it competenty and thoughtfully.  It is
perfectly possible to ask 1st day, Asterisk 101 type questions in an
intelligent manner that invites a respectful reply and perhaps even
taps into a sense of noblesse oblige from expert users, instead of
scorn and contempt for being lazy and/or unable to exercise clear
patterns of thought.

--
Sent from mobile device