[asterisk-users] [asterisk-dev] Question

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Wed Jul 15 07:04:55 CDT 2009

On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 02:19:20PM +0300, Gad Alaloof wrote:
> Hi
> I'm new developer on Asterisk and i have some questions:

I suspect you ended up on the wrong list.

Generally this is the list for those who mess with the actual C code of
Asterisk. I suggest you follow-up on asterisk-users (CC-ed there).

> I would like to write an application with Java api that does the following :
>
> Lets assume we have 2 extensions SIP .
> My application should dial to  1 Sip account and when answer is getting to
> astrisk farward the call to another extention.
> My astrisk server should be connected to some external operator SIP service
> that does the physical call for me.
>
> *My questions is (I would like to get general answers here ):*
>
> 1-If i want to simulate this scenario - can i use some simulator that
> simulate the operator behavior ? (Or maybe i don't need one)

Simulator? Why? (or more specifically: just use a different Asterisk
instance or whatever?)

> 2-Which soft phone is recommended by you for my scenario ? (I uses x-lite
> but i cant add more than 1 SIP account )

I personally like Twinkle on Linux. On win32 try Ekiga or Zoiper.

> 3-What (In general ) should be my architecture for this scenario ?
> 4-What  (In general ) should be my configuration of the asterisk ?

I'll leave that for asterisk-users . Generally what you're after should
be pretty simple.

> 5-I have downloaded asterisk win 32

http://www.asteriskwin32.com/ ? Do yourself a favour and avoid that. It
is ancient (based on 1.2.<not new enough> IIRC). Do use some more decent
version of Asterisk. Either on a separate box or on a virtual machine.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com