[asterisk-users] Polycom Spectralink 8002 WiFi Phones

Jeff LaCoursiere jeff at jeff.net
Tue Jul 14 17:58:14 CDT 2009

On Tue, 14 Jul 2009, Cesar Gonzalez wrote:

> Jeff LaCoursiere wrote:
>> Search the archives - we had a big discussion about this phone about six
>> months ago.  If you make it work and want another one "I will give you
>> special price!".

> Jeff, yeah i saw the posts, i followed Bob Pierce config and had no
> luck, BUT it just started to work, i changed AP's, seems like theres
> something wrong with Ubiquiti NanoStation2 WMM implementation, i used a
> Linksys WRT54G2 and viola! it started to work, i guess i should've done
> that to begin with... :(
>
> I'll play around whit the Nanostations QoS settings and see if i can get
> it to work on those AP's.
>
> What AP's were you using?

Hi Cesar,

I did actually get it to work as well, and was using Linksys WRT54G with
dd-wrt.  I *intended* for the phone to be useful at random wifi hotspots,
however, and was a bit disappointed to find that that was not going to
work.  So it sits on a shelf gathering dust...

Cheers,

> -Cesar
>
>> On Tue, 14 Jul 2009, Cesar Gonzalez wrote:
>>

>>> Has anyone played with this phone? i cant seem to get it to work
>>> properly, i manged to get it registered and can make calls from it, but
>>> i havent been able to make it receive calls. Weird thing its that if you
>>> make a call from it and while you are on that call you dial its number
>>> does calls go thru in second line, but as soon as you terminate both
>>> calls it wont recieve any calls again.
>>>
>>> Heres a look from the asterisk CLI :
>>>
>>> -- Registered SIP '245' at 192.168.0.239 port 5060 expires 60
>>> trixbox1*CLI> sip show peer 245
>>> trixbox1*CLI>
>>>
>>> Name : 245
>>> Secret : Set
>>> MD5Secret : Not set
>>> Context : from-internal
>>> Subscr.Cont. : Not set
>>> Language :
>>> AMA flags : Unknown
>>> Transfer mode: open
>>> CallingPres : Presentation Allowed, Not Screened
>>> Callgroup :
>>> Pickupgroup :
>>> Mailbox : 245 at device
>>> VM Extension : *97
>>> LastMsgsSent : 32767/65535
>>> Call limit : 50
>>> Dynamic : Yes
>>> Callerid : "device" <245>
>>> MaxCallBR : 384 kbps
>>> Expire : 67
>>> Insecure : no
>>> Nat : RFC3581
>>> ACL : No
>>> T38 pt UDPTL : No
>>> CanReinvite : No
>>> PromiscRedir : No
>>> User=Phone : No
>>> Video Support: Yes
>>> Trust RPID : No
>>> Send RPID : No
>>> Subscriptions: Yes
>>> Overlap dial : Yes
>>> DTMFmode : rfc2833
>>> LastMsg : 0
>>> ToHost :
>>> Addr->IP : 192.168.0.239 Port 5060
>>> Defaddr->IP : 0.0.0.0 Port 5060
>>> Def. Username: 245
>>> SIP Options : (none)
>>> Codecs : 0x4 (ulaw)
>>> Codec Order : (ulaw:20)
>>> Auto-Framing: No
>>> Useragent : Slnk/12
>>> Reg. Contact : sip:245 at 192.168.0.239:5060
>>>
>>> But after a few seconds the Status goes to UNKNOWN :
>>>
>>> Auto-Framing: No
>>> Useragent : Slnk/12
>>> Reg. Contact : sip:245 at 192.168.0.239:5060
>>>
>>> This are the config files :
>>>
>>> sip_245.cfg
>>> AUTH = 245; 123456
>>> LINE1 = 245