[asterisk-users] setting up phones

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Mon Jul 13 12:12:16 CDT 2009

Most folks (AFAIK) use TFTP to connect to the Asterisk server.  I personally
use HTTP, but that took a few days of research to figure out.  You're really
only using that protocol for configuration and log transfers.  The actual
lifting is done on a TCP or UDP connection.  Your posts Friday indicated
that Asterisk was up and "functional" but that you couldn't make your phones
talk to it.  I'm thinking that instead of trying to dial phone-to-phone,
that you should first make one phone talk to asterisk using this little
snippet.

-          exten => 99,1,Playback(tt-monkeys)

-          exten => 99,2,Playback(vm-goodbye)

-          exten => 99,3,hangup

When you get your phone where it can dial 99 and get a message, you will be
ready to proceed with P2P talking.

  _____