[asterisk-users] Asterisk Segmentation Faults Using Skinny (v1.6.0.10)

Wayne Wayne at planetWayne.com
Fri Jul 10 18:33:29 CDT 2009

Steve Totaro wrote:

>     If you are set on "beta" then read no further then the next line.
>
>     File a bug report with a core dump.
>
>     OK opinion time.
>
>     Your server is more than adequate.
>
>     For my tastes, you are beyond bleeding edge on the Asterisk front.
>
>     Simply my opinion but if this is going to be a "real" "production"
>     "server" or something you want to use reliably then I would suggest.
>
>     1.4.Latest Zaptel
>     1.4.19 Asterisk (if infact that is the last version that had
>     chan_zap and not DAHDI)
>     1.4.Current LibPRI
>

> And convert those phones to SIP, forget chan_skinny.

Hi Steve,
Thanks for the pointers. I must admit - I was leaning towards 1.6 as
this apparently has support for SIP over TCP (?). My end goal with this
was to try and get Asterisk talking to Exchange 2007 servers unified
messaging.

As for chan_skinny - I'm currently using this on an existing 1.2 server
although from what I've picked up from previous posts (going back a
while) the inbuilt version is now quite stable and possibly better than
the older 'chan_skinny' (which I think the development has stopped for
now?). This is why I opted to use it for the new 1.6 server.

Still open to an suggestions though :)

Thanks
Wayne.