[asterisk-users] Originate (Executing a System Command)

Miguel Molina mmolina at millenium.com.co
Fri Jul 10 15:10:35 CDT 2009

J. G. escribió:
> I know I'm doing something simple and wrong, but I can't quite figure
> it out:
>

>       Example (executing system command):
>
> Action: Originate
> Channel: Local/1 at dummy
> Application: System
> <http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+cmd+System>
> Data: /path/to/script
>
> I keep getting a "Unable to request channel" and am not sure what it
> is looking for in place of "Local/1 at dummy".
>
> The script is an internal voice delivery to my agents (among other
> things I'd like to do)
>
> Thanks!
> PB
Do you have the dummy context with the 1 extension in your dialplan with
something like this? Did you reload it and check it within the CLI?

[dummy]
exten => 1,1,Answer()
exten => 1,n,Wait(2)
exten => 1,n,Hangup()

The application (your external command) won't be launched until the
Origiante channel is answered.

--
Ing. Miguel Molina
Grupo de Tecnología