[asterisk-users] Resetting Day/Night setting

Ira ira at extrasensory.com
Tue Jul 7 12:38:36 CDT 2009

At 09:54 AM 7/7/2009, you wrote:
>The problem is in the case of say a holiday on a Friday, when the tech
>support manager decides at the last minute to let his people go early
>and dials *280 and then leaves. Come Monday the override will still be
>in place and since call volumes are usually low in the morning, it could
>be noon or later before someone realizes something is wrong.
>
>Being new to voice systems, I knew how I would handle it as a Linux
>Sysadmin, I was curious how "telecom guys" would go about it.

Well, I'm neither but if it was me I'd just add a test that checks to
see if the 280 flag is set and it's after midnight and just turn the
flag off if that's true. That  makes it so the first call of the day
fixes it automatically. Don't know if that's better or not, but it
would me I didn't need to learn how to use cron.

Ira