[asterisk-users] Fax for Asterisk - Fax routing based on TSID

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Tue Jul 7 10:24:42 CDT 2009

Karl Fife wrote:

> However if I were to drive the fax process from manager rather than from the
> dialplan, would the TSID be available for read before RX completion, AND
> (equally important) would sendfax even tolerate sending a fax from an
> still-spooling RX file?  In other words, does the  application require that
> the spool file be complete and closed before it would allow you to begin
> paying it out 'from the top'?

I don't think that the current FFA applications will do what you want.
Even if you could somehow manage this, any delay in the receiving
process could cause it to get 'behind' the sending process, which would
then abort due to an incomplete file. That's even assuming that the
SendFAX application will accept an incomplete TIFF/F file in the first
place :-)

Even with FAX gateway support you wouldn't be able to achieve this,
because the gateway outbound link would be setup before the TSID is
received.

What might be possible is to have a page-per-file mode, so that as each
page is received it is stored in a separate file; you could then watch
for 'received page' events and transmit the pages that had been received
up to that point. I'll do a bit of research to see if this is possible.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kpfleming at digium.com