[asterisk-users] Get channel string

Carlos Ruiz Diaz carlos.ruizdiaz at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 14:00:12 CDT 2009

Hello,

When I attempt to make a call using AMI interface with originate action I
successfully specify all of the needed parameters but when I try to control
the flow of the call I am unable to identify each call because  asterisk
uses some kind of unique identification appended to the channel string. E.g.

channel: SIP/1000  results in SIP/1000-*0845ea38*.

I also found an auto-generated  unique ID but I don't know how to retrieve
it immediately after the originate action to be able to use it to identify
the calls that I made.

How can I get the actual channel string after calling Originate? or how can
I get the unique ID of a call about to start (or already started) using the
same action (Originate).

Regards.

Carlos.