[asterisk-users] Small site survivability

Jonathan Thurman jthurman42 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 10:28:11 CDT 2009

We are currently moving away from a wide-spread Cisco CallManager deployment
to Asterisk.  For many of our small sites we have the routers configured for
what Cisco calls SRST so if we have a WAN failure, the router acts as a SCCP
registrar.  We are converting to SIP, and from what I can tell Cisco wants a
license for each router to run SRST over SIP...

So my question to the group is: What are you doing for survivability in
these small (6-30 phone) sites?  I would like to avoid deploying a lot of
servers if at all possible.  The requirements would be a simple, easy to
manage device for the phones to register to in case of WAN failure with 1 or
2 POTS lines attached (also used for 911 calls from that site).  Thanks for
any suggestions!

-Jonathan