[asterisk-users] SIP IP-Trunk to be authenticated based on username and password, not IP address

bilal ghayyad bilmar_gh at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 6 09:13:37 CDT 2009

And these mistery appear with Asterisk to Asterisk and does not appear between Asterisk to other products or from any IP Phone to Asterisk? How?

Just because call came from Asterisk and was sent to Asterisk it is going to suffer this? While if it was originated from IP Phone then no problem? And if it is originated from Asterisk and sent for other softswitch product then it is working without need for registeration and without need to set the IP address (just it recognize the username and password)!!!

Why the Asterisk Box B does not recognize the username and password of the SIP call coming from Asterisk Box A, while it can recognize this if the originator was SIP IP Phone :) ?

Regards
Bilal