[asterisk-users] Grandstream 2010 and blinky lights

Julian Lyndon-Smith asterisk at dotr.com
Mon Jul 6 05:15:50 CDT 2009

Thanks for the info. We've managed to achieve or goal using 1.4 and a
few hacks.

1) When the agent logs in / logs out, we rewrite the part of the
dialplan for the hints and reload the dialplan 10 seconds after the
*last* login / logout
2) For the MWI, we give each phone a "fake" voicemail (let's say
_0001_). When an agent logs in, we link

/var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/_0001_ to
/var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/[mailbox]

(where [mailbox] is the mailbox of the agent) and when they log out, we
remove /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/_0001_

This seems to work - the MWI lights up / off depending on the new vm
within a couple of seconds

3) When checking for voicemail, each phone is configured to dial 0000 -
the dialplan then checks the callerid (set by #1) and gets the mailbox
for the agent.

As I said, a bit of a hack, but it works for me ;) I know that this
won't work for 1.6, but we are coming up with an alternative plan using
Minivm

Julian