[asterisk-users] Grandstream 2010 and blinky lights

Andrew Thomas andy at datavox.co.uk
Mon Jul 6 05:04:22 CDT 2009

The quick answer is 'no'.

It is not currently possible to monitor 'hints' for Agents - as an Agent
never actually dials out (the device does).

Even exten => 1234,hint,Agent/1234 won't work - as the 'core show hints'
will show the agent as 'notinuse' when they can be.

There are ways around it (I used a mixture of php and mysql) - but even
these are not ideal (especially if you have a large dial plan).

Clue : exten 1234,hint,SIP/ABC works - you just need to change the ABC
bit every time an agent logs in our out.

This then gives you the lovely job of lighting any MWI lamps for that
user as well.  Oh the joys of Asterisk and hotdesking!

HTH

Andrew Thomas
Technical Services Manager
DataVox Ltd