[asterisk-users] g729a compatibility

Elliot Murdock murdocke at gmail.com
Sun Jul 5 02:42:04 CDT 2009

Hello Andres!

Yes, you are correct that the general section defines the default codecs.

However, why when disallow and allow are commented out, does Asterisk
allow gsm, ulaw, alaw, and h263, but not g729?  If the Asterisk
default (ie. when disallow and allow are commented out in the general
section) is to disallow all, then disallw gsm, ulaw, and alaw too.  If
the default is to allow all, then allow also g729.

It seems the Asterisk default is picking and choosing allowing codecs.
 Some clarity with this would be great!

Thanks,
Elliot