[asterisk-users] MISDN/asterisk problem (not sure where from)

Wilton Helm whelm at compuserve.com
Fri Jul 3 18:14:58 CDT 2009

The extra information does help.  Unfortunately the Samsung 3010 is not
available here and the information I could find about it was all in German,
which I don't know fluently enough to read.  I also run the risk of assuming
standards that are in fact different in different countries.

The only DSL installations I am familiar with do indeed deliver telephone
service as an ordinary analog line (POTS).  The internet service is on a
carrier so that all energy is above the audible range.  The phone can plug
into the router so that a filter can split the signals apart.  That way the
phone won't "short out" the higher frequency DSL information.  At least in
our system, it is also possible to place filters at other locations, such as
in phone jacks to avoid having to route everything through one location.

The part about the ISDN s0-bus is not familiar to me.  It sounds like it is
for configuring the router.  I doubt that it has anything to do with making
voice phone calls.  The basic architecture of DSL is to superimpose a data
carrier on top of an analog voice line.  Again, a simple test is to connect
an analog phone to the line coming from the phone company before it gets to
the router.  If it works, the voice service is analog--plain and simple.
The test will probably temporarily disrupt the internet connection (in fact
the simplest way is probably to unhook the router and replace it with a
phone).

If this indeed proves to be the case, you need an FXO of some sort, not an
ISDN adapter and Dhadi, not mISDN.

Wilton