[asterisk-users] g729a compatibility

Elliot Murdock murdocke at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 04:05:26 CDT 2009

Hello Phillip!

Thank you.

However, do you what Asterisk does if there is no rtpmap that
describes the format profile in the media description?

The SIP packets states:

audio 25184 RTP/AVP 18 98 96 97 101 13

However, there is no rtpmap for format 18.  Asterisk does not seem to
be associating 18 with the G729 codec, since the calls fails at
pickup.

Thank you,
Elliot