[asterisk-users] Extension status as XML for an Aastra 57i

Olivier oza-4h07 at myamail.com
Wed Jul 1 16:40:31 CDT 2009

2009/7/1 Jonathan Moore <supermegatron at gmail.com>

> On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 1:10 AM, Olivier<oza-4h07 at myamail.com> wrote:
> >>        The 57i phone has 6 soft buttons which can show the status of at
> >> least
> >> 16 phones (if you do not want to use the rest of the soft buttons which
> >> would give you another 16).
> >

> > Are you sure of that ?
> > How can you set more than one single phone to light on or off a given BLF
> ?
> > With a single button, I agree you can query more than one phone status
> but
> > the associated light can't display more than one phone or am I missing
> > something ?
>
> On the 57i, there are 6 soft buttons above and the screen, and 6 below.
>  The top
> set can have up to 10 configurations, when you add more than 6, the bottom
> right button changes to "Next.." and scrolls the screen over.  The bottom
> can
> have up to 20, with the same next button. Each of these keys can be
> configured
> as BLF keys.

True but how can a single light be blinking because extension 1001 is
receiving a call and at the same time, be turned on because extension 1002
is on call ?
Maybe typing on Next button would alternatively show extension 1001 or 1002
status, but without a press on this Next key, a user can't be aware of all
status changes as he would if equiped with dedicated BLF.

But of course, this might be enough for some (operators, ...) but not for
all (group secretary ...).