[asterisk-users] Multi-tenant parking broken in 1.6.1.1?

Jonathan Thurman jthurman42 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 10:26:33 CDT 2009

> This has been fixed in the 1.6.1 SVN, and you will have to back port a
> patch until these changes are rolled into another release.  I was
> disappointed that more bug fixes were not included in 1.6.1.1.
>
> -Jonathan
>

> Asterisk 1.6.1.1 was released for a security issue, AST-2009-001.  Why
> would you think that more bug fixes would be in it?  Security release are
> only supposed to have the fix for the issue that caused the release to take
> place.
>
> - Brad

Sorry, I am relatively new to the Asterisk project and probably don't fully
understand how the release cycle for this project works.  Are you saying
that the minor releases are only for security bugs?  I haven't seen anything
in the on-line documentation that states this.  I would think that major
usability issues (like parked calls getting dropped if you don't pick them
up) would be addressed in a release, not only in SVN.  To me the point of a
minor release is to fix bugs.  It is sometimes quite a headache to download
the latest release, have an issue, dig through the issue tracker to find
that it was fixed a month ago, then update to SVN or back port a patch.
This is especially difficult for those that are new to the
project/community.

-Jonathan