[asterisk-users] Wanted information

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Thu Jan 29 08:14:46 CST 2009

I suggest checking out FreeSwitch, it is truly platform independant.

While not designed to be a PBX, it is gaining momentum everyday, has
many pros and a few cons over Asterisk and runs on Windows too (your
goal).

I think FS, given time will surpass Asterisk in more areas than simply
technical (SIP setups and tear downs rapidly, more simultaneous
calls....)

Another plus is that some companies are strictly M$ shops and will not
allow (through corp policy) *nix boxen since it requires a different
skillset than an off the shelf, dime a dozen MCP or MCSE.

--
Thanks,
Steve Totaro