[asterisk-users] Don't get asterisk to run behind NAT router

Tamer Higazi th982a at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 29 05:01:16 CST 2009

Hi people!
I am not getting smart getting asterisk 1.6  behind a NAT to run.

1. I enabled IP forwarding on debian linux
2. told asterisk in "general" that he is behind NAT and mentioned him
his external static IP Adress as well his domain in the outside world.

If a client who is connected with a DSL modem calls me, a grandstream
module in the LAN behind the router, in the same network asterisk is
running at, takes the call. but we can't hear / talk with each other.

Ay ideas to get this thing solved?!

My general section in sip.conf:

[general]
port=5060