[asterisk-users] blind transfer on hook-flash from SIP phone

Marcelo Trópia Requena mtrequena at fitec.org.br
Thu Jan 29 05:54:12 CST 2009

Kevin P. Fleming wrote:

> This is because hook-flash support is in chan_zap, not in the core of
> Asterisk. There is no need to support hook-flash on any other channel
> type, because every other channel type supported by Asterisk has its own
> (more reliable) methods of signaling.

I'm seeing many discussions on how to provision Blind Transfer, Attendant Transfer and Call Parking services using keypad keys # and * to invoke the services, however its not clear to me how can it be possible without interfering to normal call when service is not being invoked.

For instance, I usually access an external IVR system that uses # and * signals in its menu for interaction with the caller. Let's say I provision a SIP phone (that do not support services like Transfer locally) to have the services provided by Asterisk. May question is, If I call to this IVR system and signals # and/or * are required for interaction with the system, what will happen when I dial # or *?

Is there any alternative to invoke mid-call services without using the # and * signals? I was expecting to use Hook-Flash either via INFO or RTP telephone-event.

Thanks a lot!

Marcelo.