[asterisk-users] USA BRI -- any hope at all?

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Wed Jan 28 12:47:31 CST 2009

On Wed, 28 Jan 2009, Tilghman Lesher wrote:

> If I were the least bit capable of doing this, it would already be in
> Asterisk.  I, for one, would love to replace my analog channels with digital
> (and it would actually be affordable in Tennessee, where I live ~$40/mo).

I replaced my analogue channels with digital some time back. Using a
technology called VoIP... ;-)

However this has been an interesting thread - ISDN2e (BRI) is widely used
in the UK and Europe and I have several installations use it in. Just how
different is the US system to the European/UK one? (and why?)

Gordon